Hope College Wellness seeks to inspire, educate and promote healthy living for the faculty and staff in our community. We desire to create a culture that has an excellent quality of life by addressing the whole person~body, mind, and spirit.
We have a vocation for health and happiness at Hope College. We will:
- support and encourage one another in our daily lives and within our departments accross campus to make healthy choices for our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
- recognize that our health is our greatest wealth and do our personal best to honor our bodies by feeding them well, moving them, practicing good sleep hygiene, and nurturing our important relationships both at work and at home.
- create an atmosphere where everyone feels valued for what they contribute by recognizing and honoring the work of others around us in natural time with a kind word, a written note, or recognition at departmental meetings.
- create a culture where kindness and courtesy are the norm and the first place we begin and end a conversation.
- seek to make personal contacts whenever possible in communication in an effort to truly know and understand one another.
- seek reconciliation in our working relationships when it is needed.
- work to alleviate long-term stress.
Hope College Wellness aspires to support your healthy and well-being by:
- Providing opportunities to learn about the ‘how’ of living well through Lunch & Learns, Challenges, Healthy Lifestyle Programs, and the Real Guidance offering on our new website.
- Providing fitness classes that are taught by inspiring and well-trained instructors that allow participants to invest in their physical well-being.
- Providing resources and information that you can have at your fingertips and that connects you to outside sources and give you the tools to grow in your healthy lifestyle through our new website and wellness platform at hopecollegewellness.com.
- Providing a space for members of our community to share their wealth of knowledge with regard to healthy living through the new Hope College LivWell Blog.